Brush and Leaf Collection
Working together for a better Village of Manlius
To be more efficient and able to address other tasks needed throughout the Village of Manlius, the Village Board members and the Department of Public Works are asking for your help to maintain your green space from the sidewalk to the curb lines. The Village may have maintained this space for you in the past, but it is your property and your responsibility. By working together, it will help free up the DPW to work on other projects throughout the Village, making our Village much more attractive for both residential and commercial growth.
Any questions, please don't hesitate to call Chris Sherwood, Village of Manlius DPW Superintendent at the DPW office (315) 682.7634.
Brush and Leaf Guidelines
- All debris must be in a neat pile at the edge of the lawn and not in the road.
- Leaves and debris can only be out at the curb three (3) days before your collection day.
- Leaves must be separated from any brush or it will not be removed.
- Brush includes small branches not to exceed 6’ in length and 6” in diameter.
- If you plan on having a large pile, please call the DPW for scheduling.
- All brush must be piled neatly, with all trunk ends facing out to the road.
- Please be aware that we cannot pick up yard waste in plastic bags, paper yard waste bag only.
- We CAN NOT collect dirt or grass clippings, rocks, and concrete or dog waste – per guidelines set forth by NYSDEC.
- Contractors are responsible to take away all their debris.
- Limited brush pick up during the winter months, please call the DPW office
- After November 2nd the DPW will begin with leaf pick up. The leaf pick up schedule will be posted on the Village website as fall approaches and may be amended pending current weather conditions and the timing of the leaves falling.
Brush Pickup by Street
The Village is divided into 4 different sections for the pickup schedule
“Flats” “Old Section” “Academy Hill” “West End”
Flats: Candy Lane, Canterbury Dr, Carey Dr, Cavalry Circle, Clark Lane, Elkhorn Dr, Fayette St, F-M Road, Highbridge Rd, Huntshill Rd, Kelly Dr, Centerfield, Kevan Circle, Ledyard Dr, Memory Lane, Redcoat Circle, Yeaworth Lane.
Old Section: Academy St, Clinton St., Elmbrook Dr, Eureka Dr, Fairhurst Dr, Stickley Dr, Flume Rd, Franklin St, Garrett Dr, Greenridge Dr, Liberty Lane, Masonic Way, Military Dr, Mill St, Moulter St, North St, Park Dr, Pleasant St, Willowbrook Lane, Washington St.
Academy Hill: Abington Circle, E. Seneca St, Edgeworth Dr, Enders Rd, Harwick Terr, Hillview Circle, Linwood Circle, Northgate Dr, Old Sunridge Dr, Pembroke Dr, Westfield Dr, Windbrooke Rd, Woodbridge Dr.
West End: Brickyard Falls Rd, Brookhill Dr (North & South), Everglades Dr, Fairgrounds Dr, Pine St, Farmington Rd, Fawn Ridge Rd, Glencliffe Rd, Heritage Cir, Jarvis Dr, King Rd, Lamp Lighter Ln, Meadowridge Rd, Northfield Ln, Old Orchard Ct, Pauli Dr, Ravenswood Ln, Redfox Dr, Russell Ln, Stoneledge Ln, Post Rd, Thermold Dr, Tyler Ct, Watch Hill Rd, W. Seneca St, Westbrook Cir.